Spinach dip just teamed up with caramelized onions, bacon and chili garlic sauce for a nice makeover that takes this dip from classic to fantastic!
- box (9 oz) Green Giant™ frozen chopped spinach
- slices bacon, chopped
- cups thinly sliced sweet onions
- serrano chile, seeded, finely chopped (about 1 tablespoon)
- package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- cup chili garlic sauce
- cup sour cream
- can (14 oz) Progresso™ artichoke hearts, drained, coarsely chopped
- cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Crackers, crostini or vegetables, as desired
- 1 Heat oven to 350° F. Spray 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray. Cook spinach as directed on box. Drain well; squeeze with paper towel to get out as much liquid as possible; set aside.
- 2 Spray 10-inch skillet with cooking spray. Place bacon in skillet; cook over medium heat until crispy. Using slotted spoon, transfer to paper towel-lined plate; set aside. Add onions and serrano chile to bacon drippings in pan; cook 7 to 9 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onions are caramelized.
- 3 Meanwhile, in large bowl, mix cream cheese, chili garlic sauce and sour cream; stir in spinach and artichokes.
- 4 Stir onion mixture into spinach mixture. Pour into pie plate. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until hot in center. Top with reserved bacon; serve with crackers, crostini or vegetables.